In the above example, sub-pixel antialiasing has been applied to the top text only.
Sub-pixel antialiasing increases the horizontal resolution of text to improve legibility. High pixel density displays negate the need for sub-pixel antialiasing. As an example, Macs support sub-pixel antialiasing whereas iOS devices don’t.
This tutorial requires you to have the following:
- The Sketch Upload plugin installed
- A CloudApp account
Exporting in Sketch is simple. You can export entire artboards or selected layers by adding slices.
Sketch has an infinite canvas, but artboards allow us to create a series of fixed frames within the infinite canvas.
Sketch’s interface is split into four sections:
1. Canvas – the canvas is infinite, but artboards can be used to create a series of fixed frames within the infinite canvas
2. Toolbar – all the tools you need to craft a beautiful user interface (customisable)
3. Layer list – shows all the artboards and layers for the current page
4. Inspector – change the settings for the selected layer